Thursday, November 13, 2008

7 Random Facts About Amie


If you weren't aware, Amie was tagged by Rhandi (http://theormefam.blogspot.com) to list 7 random facts about herself. She keeps saying there is nothing interesting, so I decided to intervene and write them on her behalf. Shh...don't tell = )

Here goes...

1. Amie has the strongest hands ever. They're not exactly man hands, but they're really strong like a man's hands. She always wins when we play that game "submission" where you interlock hands and try to make the other person give up.

2. Amie is a natural red-head. Most people are surprised when they find out, because she's had dark hair for as long as I've known her. This might explain her feisty personality.

3. Amie and her friend Serenity always planned to live in a VW Bus on the beach in Belize...kind of like hippies. I thought it was strange, but it shows how much of a free spirit they both are.

4. Amie has been skydiving 4 times. She kept trying to get me to go, and I do love adventure, but I'm always scared of being the one guy who is stupid enough to die skydiving. I mean, what would my kids and grandkids say? But that's what I love about Amie. She'll just do that sort of thing on a whim and totally isn't scared of anything.

5. Amie is secretly a really amazing writer. I only know because when we were dating I sneakedly read some of her journals. (come on...how could I resist?) Her blog is a form of a journal now, but it's not the same...and you would be amazed by how thought provoking and authentic her writing is.

6. Amie's favorite activity is singing Karaoke. She's a Karaoke maniac. Even though you can only find karaoke nights at bars, she is willing to brave the belligerent crowds and get up on that stage. Every time I've watched her, she steals the show and is a crowd favorite. The old drunk people always come up to me while she's singing and tell me how lucky I am and how cute she is on stage.

7. Amie's claim to fame is being a body double in one of those real life tragedy re-enactments. The girl was thrown from her car in an accident on a snowy day and Amie got to be the girl laying in the cold snow acting unconscious. At least that's how I remember her telling the story.

Anyway, I think she's got a lot of unique things about her. I'd keep going...but the challenge was only 7. Now you can see why I love her so much, and there's never a dull moment in the Carlos fam.

I won't tag 7 people for her, so consider yourself tagged if you read this.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I found out a lot about you when we worked together. In fact, you were my favorite person at that lame job. Once you left, none of the admin's were half as cool as you...so I quit. Well, mostly because Megan got on my nerves. Think you tried to get me to skydive once. I also think you look like Reese Witherspoon.

Anonymous said...

I feel special to already know 5 of the 7 great things Clint listed! :D And, just so you know, you sell yourself too short if you think there's nothing interesting about you! You've had one of the most interesting lives (in terms of kookie -however it's spelled- and/or crazy things especially!) of all the people I actually know. I could add several more things off the top of my head to that list. But, you know, better than just knowing about all the awesome stuff that has happened, is hearing you tell it. You can make me laugh harder than just about anyone else I know!!

Lacie said...

I have known Amie for like 15 years!!! Your an amazing person and I think it's totally cool that Clint posted this on your behalf.

Anonymous said...

That is super cute!! You are a dare devil!! Sometimes I wish I had the courage you show, you are awesome.

Rhandi said...

Thanks Clint! Fun to learn more about your fabulous honey!

TR said...

how fun to find out more about you! let's go sing karaoke sometime!

Dale and Tabitha said...

Okay, so normally I don't beg for people to post, but I need to keep up on your life. Please, please update. Sincerely, Tabitha