Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009









OK, so I really don't remember Easter dress shopping being so difficult, but for some reason this year I had the hardest time. And since when does a cardigan cost more than the dress itself?! I can't believe stores can charge $50 for a little girls' cardigan. After returning about a million different dresses, we finally decided to go with a pair of "matchie matchie" dresses and use cardigans the girls already had used before. I was pleased with how cute both girls looked!

We had a pretty good Easter day. My brother Justin and his wife Andrea were able to drive here from their new home in Knob Nauster, MO., to spend the weekend with us. Saturday night they hung out at our house, had a BBQ and made cookies. Ava has never been too good with men and this weekend she finally warmed up to Uncle Justin which might have gotten a little tiresome for him. He could not leave her side, and if he did she would call out her orders for him to come back and sit where she told him. It was cute though and I am sure it made him feel good. Today Ava woke Mayah up pretty early to go downstairs and see what the Easter bunny had left for them and eat peeps for breakfast. After a long morning of getting ready, we finally left for Stake Conference and then went to Grandpa Rudy and Grandma Brenda's house for a yummy dinner and Easter egg hunt with family and friends. It was fun to watch the girls run around searching for eggs. Of course Mayah was a pro and found a ton of eggs, and Ava caught on quick to the concept and was super cute to watch. Ava would let out an "Ahh" with each egg that she spotted. I enjoyed the day and seeing both my girls light up with the excitement of the day. I feel blessed to have been able to spend the day with my brother and sister-in-law, good friends and of course Clint's parents, my husband and two beautiful girls!

As far as pictures go... it was a bit difficult as always to get Ava to cooperate, but to make matters worse it was a cold and somewhat gloomy day so even Mayah was having a hard time being her usual photo-friendly self. Clint did manage to get a few cute moments of the girls, but for the most part Ava was a little stinker when it came to pictures. She frustrates the heck out of me, but that is part of what I love so much about her!

Happy Easter 2009

5 comments:

Dale and Tabitha said...

Your girls are seriously adorable. I love staying in touch with you through the blog world.

The Hagan Dirt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hagan Dirt said...

Oh my gosh! I think you made the right pick with those dresses. Sorry I almost sold them. They look way cuter on your girls than they would have on that one crazy ladies kiddos.

Cindy said...

Good job on the dresses, they are way cute. Fashion Place has that store Janie and Jack you were talking about. Good thing I was still pregnant when I went in there, or I'd be broke! Your girls are seriously so beautiful.

Sarah said...

Yay, Happy Easter!! Peeps for breakfast, that's a lot of sugar really early in the morning... I bet they were pooped by the afternoon. Your family is too cute!