Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gymboree play day!

I always wished that I could have been so lucky to stay home with Mayah when she was a baby. I was always working so hard with Mayah on things like flash cards, and making sure that when I was not at work I was spending every minute I could with her, just playing and trying to show her how much she means to me. Now that I am lucky enough to stay home with Ava, I have started to realize that I have been taking it for granted and sometimes act ungrateful for the time we have together. I am constently looking for ME time.

Last week I decided to get online (before my computer crashed) and get some information on the Gymboree play time that I have heard many people talk about. They allow you to come for a trial run before signing up. I registered for Ava and me to go check it out today. When it came time for us to get ready this morning my lazines kicked in and I thought to myself "I don't think I am going to go." Just then, Ava crawled on my chest and gave me a completely unsolicited slobber kiss that just melted my heart! As you can probably guess from the title, we ended up going and I can't even begin to tell you how great it was for both of us.

When we first arrived, Ava was a little apprehensive. It must have felt like the child center at our gym and she was outwardly worried I would abandon her. That changed quickly. We played so hard together, jumped on trampolines, made huge bubbles, climbed on stuff and whatever else you can think of. She was the only one her age that could complete the little obstacle course, and was the only one daring enough to jump off their platform onto the mattress! We learned all about textures and shapes and it was just such a fun time!

It's always amazing to me that such a tiny little person can bring so much happiness and joy to my life. She wasn't really interested in playing with all the other kids, and it just made me feel good that she was so happy playing with JUST ME!


1 comment:

Lacie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. 'Buck up littler Camper' this will end soon. I so wish we had a fun place like Gymboree. I always feel like I'm not spending enough time with Tyson but I don't have anything to do. Anyway, thanks for always posting comments on my blog. I always smile!!