Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ava's Birthday Bedroom Makeover!






When we did Mayah's bedroom for her Birthday we debated on switching the girls bedrooms to make it feel completly new. We ended up not doing it because I was worried that Ava would have a hard time with the change. I thought this because when we moved into this house Ava was feeling really insecure and struggling with the changes. When we were all done with Mayah's room, though, Ava walked in and said with such pleasure and excitement, "This my room Daddy, you make this bed for me daddy...?" It broke my heart to explain to her that it was for Mayah. So we decided that we would take the stuff from Mayah's old room that was still good and use it to redecorate Ava's room like a "big girl's" room for her birthday too. The bedspread that Mayah had was a country flower design, so I thought it would be really cute to have her bed frame made out of a picket fence and continue the garden theme throughout her room. I am lucky that my husband is pretty handy, because all the picket fence bed frames I looked at online were running anywhere from $700 to $1200. We had been planning to do it, but didn't actually get around to putting the fence together and painting it until about midnight the night before her birthday. As you would know if you've ever done construction, there are always problems! We finally got done with everything around 4:00 am, the morning of Ava's birthday. Despite the hurdles (not enough paint, screws were too long, mis-sized wood) I think the room turned out great and Clint did an awesome job on the picket fence! I know that he wasn't too excited about staying up all night to do Ava's room when we had to be up the next day by 7:30, but he did it willingly because he knew it was really important to me and would make Ava happy. Thanks Babe.

Here are some pictures of Ava's new big girl room, and some of Ava when she woke up to find her entirely new bedroom.




4 comments:

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

That room is so adorable! Between your creativity and Clint's handiness, you guys are unstopable! Thanks again for a great party!

Anonymous said...

Awww, cute!!

Brenda Carlos said...

I'm so proud of both Amie and Clint. You guys are so handy and work so hard to make things awesome for your sweet girls. Both rooms are even cuter in person. Thanks for making my granddaughters world full of wonder and suprises. I'm sure going to miss you when we leave Omaha later this week. Lots of love,
GMA Bren

Dale and Tabitha said...

I love the pictures of her waking up. She is beautiful. I love the fence headboard. Please tell me when you are in town, so we can catch up.