Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Clint!

Today Mayah, Ava and I woke up at 7:00 am, made cinnamon rolls & scrambled eggs, poured a glass of milk and went upstairs to surprise dad with breakfast in bed. Mayah and Ava also presented him with their Father's Day gifts. Ava colored a wonderful masterpiece for him and Mayah wanted to spend some of her birthday money to buy him a pair of swim trunks that she had overheard him say he liked. Here is a picture of the three of them this morning.


I just wanted to take a minute and express my appreciation for Clint and the kind father he has been to our girls, and the wonderful husband and friend he has been to me. He loves to play with both the girls and is good at spending quality time with them. He has a way of taking an every day thing and making it seem like something extremely exciting and out of the ordinary. For example one night Mayah was saying she was bored and wanted to go some where and do something. Clint told her that he had something planned for all of us... We were going to have a big sleep over in the living room with blankets and pillows on the floor, popcorn and a movie. Mayah was so excited and we weren't really doing anything different other than the fact that we had blankets and pillows on the floor. Clint is always willing to change a diaper, and get up with Ava in the middle of the night even though he has to be up early for work. I don't know too many guys that are willing to do those things, and he does it without complaint! He is generous and a hard worker. He sacrifices a lot and works hard just so that I can stay home with the girls, and that means more to me than I can ever express to him. Clint is so patient with me and that (I hate to admit) is not an easy thing to do. I can tend to have a short fuse. He is always there to rationalize and help me (in a nice way) see how ridiculous I really am! Clint is a good example and great leader in our home. I love you babe! Happy Fathers Day!!!

Clint the first time he met Ava


Clint the first time he met Mayah

No comments: