Saturday, February 7, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance




Mayah was invited by one of her good friends Ashley Johnson, to a daddy-daughter dance that was at the local YMCA. They also invited Mayah's friend Meg and her dad, so the three girls (Ashley, Meg and Mayah) went with their dads to the fancy Valentine's day dance. She and I have been excited about this night for a month. We went out and bought her a new outfit, complete with accessories to help make the night feel that much more special. I even ordered complimentary boutonnieres for Clint and Mayah to wear. Ashley's mom did a great job planning the evening. She had a fancy dinner set up at their house for the couples with a romantic atmosphere: dimmed lights, candles, goblets to drink from and young waiters to serve them (Ashley's 2 older brothers). On the menu was a salad prepared by Meg's mom, shrimp fettuccine Alfredo, and heart shaped strawberry shortcake for desert which I contributed. After the dinner they all headed to the YMCA for the dance. Now most of you may not know that my husband is a really amazing dancer! As I was getting Mayah ready I told her "you are going to have the best time, because you have a great dance partner" but she couldn't have imagined what that really meant. When she came home she could not wait to show me all the moves that she learned. She was more excited than I have seen her in a while. Clint was doing all kinds of swing dance moves with her and of course those two were the center of attention which Mayah always loves and to be honest so does Clint :) It made me so happy to see the two of them come home in such a good mood and know that they had a great bonding date together. I know that it really meant a lot to Mayah and it really meant to a lot me. I get just as much joy watching Mayah have fun as I would if I were going myself. Thank you so much Clint for always being there for us. We love you!

7 comments:

TR said...

How fun!! What a great idea! SOunds like they had a blast.

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE ! Sounds like they had a great time:)

Dale and Tabitha said...

This is so adorable. I definately need a little girl. Someday....

I will come visit you when after the baby comes. I have some Southwest Buddy Passes that I need to use. Do they fly to where you live? Baby comes in 6 weeks so maybe the end of summer.....call me whenever your in town though. We need to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I just thought I would point out that the girl on the right is wearing shoes from Payless, and I have them in silver!
That sounds like so much fun! Justin promised me that he would take ballroom dance classes with me when we get to Missouri! I am TOTALLY making him keep his promise! :)

Brenda Carlos said...

It was fun to have them stop by our house and show us their moves, although I was afraid they would hit a wall, they were pretty wild moves! Mayah was so happy and so was Clint! Mayah looked beautiful!
Gma Bren

Rhandi said...

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen! Knowing Clint, I'm sure he liked dressing up just as much as Mayah did. We miss you guys!

-Graham

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Mayah looks adoarable and Clint looks all spiffy! What a fun date night for them! I miss you guys too; hopefully I'll be well enough to go to Friday's class. See you soon!