Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh the tragedy ...


Who ever thought it would be such a terrible thing when the Dr. comes in the room and announces "Guess who doesn't need glasses..."? Well that's our Mayah! For weeks she has been complaining of poor vision, and trouble reading. Several of her friends got glasses and I guess she was feeling left out. Finally after I got tired of hearing her complaints I figured it was worth going in to the optometrist just in case. $70 and one broken heart later, we can now be thankful that Mayah has great eyesight. I keep trying to explain that I would give anything to not have to wear contacts or glasses but I am not getting through to her. She has been pouting ever since, so we had to send her to bed early tonight :(

Although I do remember as a child wanting silly things such as braces... things that as a parent make no sense. I do have to admit that wearing glasses nowadays is a lot cooler than when I was a kid! I felt so bad for her as I turned around and saw the tears streaming down her cheeks before we even stepped out of the room. Feeling embarrassed but not able to hold back her tears she buried her face into my stomach. I would have gotten the frames for her just cause I felt sorry for her, but the glasses she wanted were the most expensive pair in the place. The girl does have style! I just couldn't justify spending another $130 on a pair of frames just for play.

No comments: